Monday, January 14, 2008

Time turners

I am a BIG fan of the Harry Potter movies and was quite intrigued by the time turner Hermione used in the 3rd movie, the Prisoner of Azkaban. I wish I had something like this just to turn back the clock and change things. I am sure everybody at some point of time or the other wished they had a chance to turn back the clock and modify things a bit.....and if you hadn't thought about it yet, you are really happy with what you are now, hats off to you!!!!

This happened almost 4 yrs back when my marriage was about to take place, My dad was working for State Bank of India, Palani and he took sometime off from work and came to Chennai just for this occasion. But his manager gave him a call and asked him to run some errand there, so he had to go back to Palani 2 weeks before my marriage. A day after he reached Palani, we got a call from his co workers saying he had an epileptic seizure (fits in non medical terms) and has been taken to the hospital. Unfortunately, the medical facilities out there weren't very good, so he was taken to Apollo Hospital in Coimbatore. They were not able to save him and he passed away early the next morning. If only he had this attack when he was at home, we would have taken him immediately to the Apollo hospital in Chennai, and he would have been saved. I just wish I could go back to that time and stopped my dad from going to Palani. If only that had happened, I would have been talking to him now.
So this blog is totally dedicated to him, I miss him so much. I just wish I had shown him how much I loved him when he was there right before me.

6 comments:

luxi said...

hey priya... dont ever loose heart.. i know for me v.easy to tell u this.. also i completely understand wat u r talking about..Life is like this..Be happy always and i dont want u to be sad..cheer up dear...

Priya Rajesh said...

Thanks luxi.....

Pretty Woman said...

hey priya...am so sorry about your dad...i know how heart-wrenching it can be...but remember parents are always with us all the time :)

Priya Rajesh said...

hey pretty woman, thank u for stopping by my blog, keep posting.....

Preeti Shenoy said...

I read this post only now.I am so sorry--so very sorry.And I know how devstating it can be.But in strange ways, it also makes us grow and makes us change our perspective on life .Don't you thnk so?

Priya Rajesh said...

Hey Ps, totally forgot abt my blog and been busy with my kid's school and other stuff,....ya, i feel i did grow up after this tragedy but i keep thinking abt him all the time, and still cry before i go to sleep...